Here’s the climatological information for Norman on October 22nd (from our member Daryl Covey):
- Average high 71°F, average low 48°F.
- Records temperatures are 87°F in 1939 and 31°F in 1898.
- Average rainfall for the month of October is 3.64 inches.
- Record rainfall for October 22 was 3.9 inches in 2000.
- No snow has ever been recorded as early as the 22nd of October, although the earliest snow on record (a trace) is just a few days later.
- Sunrise is at 7:42 and sunset at 6:45.
Also from Daryl:
I’m completing an 18-month leadership program with graduation in DC same week as homecoming. Over the past year I’ve done long-term assignments in DC and Juneau, Alaska as well as too many shorter trips to even remember them all. Anyway, it’s ending soon, it’s been a fantastic ride, and I’m looking forward to getting back into the homecoming cycle in 06.
Thanks, Daryl! We look forward to having you join us again, too!